Engine Room Rowing LLC (also referred to as “we,” “us,” “our” or “Engine Room") respects your privacy. This privacy notice describes the information that we may collect, how we may use that information, and your choices about the collection and use of your information. This privacy notice covers our collection and use of information when you visit or use our website at www.rowenginerm.com (our "website"), and applies to all visitors, users and others who access our website and/or purchase our services or products.
By accessing our website or submitting your information to us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this privacy notice. If you do not agree with the terms of this privacy notice, please do not access our website or submit any personal information to us.
1. Information we collect
- We collect information about visitors to, users of and others who access our website. Information we collect about you includes information by which you may be identified as an individual, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number ("personal information"), information that is about you but does not identify you as an individual (such as age and other demographics), and information about your device and internet connection used to access our website.
Information we receive directly from you. We collect information that you voluntarily submit to us, if you include that information on your account profile page, in any form accessed on or through our website or in an email or text message sent to us, or if you tell us that information over the telephone or by other means.
2. How we use your information
- We use your information for the following general purposes: to maintain your account with us; to fulfill your requests for services and products; to process transactions; to contact you or respond to your inquiries; to improve our services and products; to customize the content you see on or through our website; to conduct prepare reports for our internal use; to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including for billing and collection); and to otherwise provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use your information to present offers to you on our behalf and on behalf of business partners, but we do not share information that personally identifies you with those parties for their independent marketing purposes. If you do not want your information to be used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out of receiving these communications as described below under "Your choices about your information".
3. Sharing of your information
- Except as described in this privacy notice, we will not share your personal information outside of EngineRm, its subsidiaries and affiliates, unless it is necessary to provide our services and products or to fulfill a transaction you have requested, or in other circumstances with your consent.
Our contractors, service providers and business partners. We may share your information with contractors, services providers and business partners providing services to us or on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing these services. These services may include, for example, facilitating our website, sending e-mail, processing transactions, marketing and advertising.
Legal process, protecting rights and other special circumstances. We may share your information to comply with any court order, applicable law or legal process (including responding to any subpoena or governmental request), to protect the rights, property or safety of EngineRm, its customers and others (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction), and to enforce our terms and other agreements (including for billing and collection purposes). In addition, in the event of a merger, sale, reorganization, dissolution, or other similar transaction or proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets involved, we may transfer your information to a third party as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Non-personal information. We may disclose aggregated information about visitors to, users of and others who access our website and information that does not identify you as an individual, without restriction.
4. Your choices about your information
- If you have an account with us, you can review and update your account information by logging into our website and visiting your account profile page.
If you do not want your information to be used by us to promote our own or third parties' services or products, you can opt out of receiving these communications by sending a request via email to email@example.com.
You can cancel your account by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following cancellation of your account, we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
- We may also retain and use your information in order to make promotional offers to you as described under "How we use your information" above, unless you have opted out of receiving such communications.
5. Children's privacy
- We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
- If you are under the age of 13, you must not access, use or provide any information to or on our website.
- If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
6. Security measures
- We use industry standard measures to help prevent unauthorized access or misuse of your personal information, but we cannot guarantee your information will never be disclosed or used in a manner inconsistent with this privacy notice (for example, as a result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate applicable law or the policies of EngineRm and its contractors, service providers and business partners).
- If you have chosen or we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Our website is hosted on Shopify Inc. ("Shopify"). Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to offer our services and products. Your data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
8. Other websites and services
- We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our website, including the information or content contained within them.
- Please remember that when you use a link to go from our website to another website or service, this privacy notice does not apply to those third-party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third party's own rules and policies.
- In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your information. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your information you do so at your own risk.
9. Changes to our privacy practices
- We reserve the right to modify or update our privacy practices and this privacy notice at any time in our sole discretion, so it is advisable to review this privacy notice periodically.
We will advise you of material changes to our privacy practices through our website or by other means.
- Your continued use of our website or maintenance of an account with us after any modification or update of this privacy notice will constitute your acceptance of such modification or update.
10. Contacting us
- If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Engine Room Rowing LLC
11 W67th Street
New York, NY 10023
Last updated December, 2019.